Saturday, April 16, 2011

Friday Night Dinner

Thai/Lao Papaya Salad with shrimp
I met up with a good friend for dinner tonight at this great Vietnamese and Thai restaurant. We started off with the Thai/Lao papaya salad and the summer rolls.
The papaya salad we ordered it hot as they can get it and sure enough it was hot and extremely spicy. But I love it! Especially since they added big shrimp on it too. The shrimp tasted almost as though they pan fried it for a bit before placing them on top of the salad. Definitely added a twist to it.
Pad See Ew (Large Stir Fried Noodles)
Whenever I try a new Thai restaurant, I always want to order the Pad See Ew. The large noodles stir fry with any choice of meat with broccoli or baby bok choy. I love the baby bok choy more than the broccoli however.
Only a few Thai restaurants add baby bok choy. The rest uses broccoli.  But I ordered the Pad See Ew to see how each restaurant's differs. The one I had tonight was definitely one of the good ones. I like that burnt taste on the noodles and this one had a little bit of burnt. I like Thai Taste Restaurant's Pad See Ew. If in season, they use the baby bok choy.
Bun Cha (Vermicelli noodle bowl)
My friend ordered the vermicelli noodles with chicken and some other stuff. I should had paid better attention to what were in it.
I know there were chicken, peanuts, cilantros and the sweet spicy vinegar sauce that is poured over the bowl. Needless to say, we ate too much that my friend didn't finish her bowl and I didn't finish my stir fried noodle dish. We boxed it to go!
I had a satisfying dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment