Sunday, April 10, 2011

One Big Fat Day

It started off real good with a Spicy Chicken Wrap from Chick-Fil-A' and then it went downwards six hours later. I ate like a wild boar by the end of the day.
Yes, I started the day with a Spicy Chicken Wrap with blue cheese dressing from Chick-Fil-A'. It was plain but seriously good. One thing that I do love about Chick-Fil-A'? Their customer service. Love it! Makes me want to order there all the time. The rest of the fast food chains, you're lucky if you get a decent employee. All three Chick-Fil-A' restaurants I've been to have always been courteous and friendly. Anyway, after that I drove to Locust but didn't make it to Sunrise Grill as planned since they close at 11:00 AM. So instead I decided to drive another fifteen miles to see my nephew's resting place. Not a single day goes by that I don't think of him. He was only eleven. A car driven by a drunk and he was sitting in the backseat.
My sister just dropped him off at his father's less than three hours before that because it was his weekend to be with his dad. Never thought I'd never see him again. That last wave he gave as a good-bye. The moment that I wish every day I would've given him a hug instead and tell him how much I love him. That moment that I can never get back. He was too young to know how dangerous alcohol can be. His father was supposed to be with him but instead he allowed my nephew to walk to his neighboring cousin's house to hang out cause he hadn't seen them for two weeks. Who would've thought...
I'm bitter and will always be because so many things that happened after that left a venomous taste in my mouth. *sigh* Getting upset again so I will stop there... but I went to see him today and brought some yellow flowers and a few coins. A custom in my culture so he will have money to spend in the afterlife. Actually, the burning of the Asian paper money is the appropriate way to do but a quarter or two will be good in the mean time. It was good seeing him. This is the resting place for his body but his spirit is with his mom and will always watch over her to keep her safe.
After a few tears here and there, I went to home and then head to my mom's birthday dinner. This year she cried. Dad was saying because she was watching a movie about this elderly couple who's own children didn't throw them a birthday party. But Mom said it wasn't that. We just asked her not to cry or she's going to make all of us cry and so she continued opening her gifts. We stayed a little bit past midnight before we left. My parents live with my youngest brother and his family so they weren't alone. Which is customary in our culture for the parents to live with the youngest son and his family.
I'm worn out. Ate a big slice of my mom's birthday cake and vanilla ice cream, two scoops it looks like. I'm stuff with the steaks and pork chops with sauteed onions and portabella mushrooms and crap legs and stir fried greens with my mom's famous hot pepper sauce. It was a very good dinner. Tomorrow will be lasgana before Monday. I'm dreading my progress picture tomorrow.
Until then...
Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment