Sunday, March 27, 2011

Horror movies!

I love watching horror movies! I've been watching them as long as I can remember. My first real horror movie was a drive-in movie and I was about seven at the time. My cousin and her husband took all my brothers and sisters. We were excited cause we didn't know what a drive-in was or that we can watch movies on a big screen. We were all FOBs back then (to know what FOB means in the Asian culture read Wikipedia. I find Wikipedia so resourceful). A drive-in usually consist of two or three movies in one night. I forgot what movies we've watched but I did remember bits and pieces of the last movie. After all these years, I researched it and it was called Invasion of the Body Snatchers that starred Donald Sutherland.
Donald Sutherland in
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
That movie was creepy and twisted. I went to sleep every night after that with my arms folded tightly under my blanket. And then another vivid movie I remembered watching when I was younger was The Exorcist. I watched it when it came on television. Not the movie theater because my parents were FOB as well. The Exorcist was a creepy and very demented movie. That too sent me to bed with the blanket over myself thinking the dumb monsters won’t see me under the camouflage blanket. And then I would be burning of heat from my own breathing and body! After so many nights, my brain grew a little big bigger and a light bulb came on. I began to cover myself but left an open air space small enough so I can breathe through it. Other movies that had left bad images in my small head are The Ring and the Thai movie Shutter. After watching The Ring, I didn’t watch any horror movies for months! I left my television on all the time cause I was afraid it may turned on by itself. But after a hiatus from horror movies, I decided to be brave again. Instead of watching something like Freddie or Jason in those slasher movies, I watched Shutter. That was a big mistake! Shutter was even more creepier and scarier than The Ring! After that I forced everyone and anybody to watch Shutter cause I was not going to be the only eyes that have seen it. I want everyone to have the same images in their heads too. I’m definitely a great friend! When the American remake of Shutter (2008) came out, I was very disappointed by it. It was not scary or creepy like the Thai version. Indians just did a remake on it too called Click. I think that will be my next horror movie. I hope it is as good as the Thai version. But those are my all time scariest horror movies along with Salem's Lot.
Until then...
Be brave

No comments:

Post a Comment