Friday, March 25, 2011

Vampire's Lot

On a quiet all-by-myself Sunday afternoon some many moons ago, I got my plate of food and proceeded to sit in front of the television to eat my lunch. As I was scanning through channels, I came up one channel that looked like it was about to start a movie! I never liked watching movies on TV much less one that was already in the middle of the story. So to have caught the beginning of it when the opening credits were just being rolled out?  How exciting and great timing! And so I proceeded to leave it at that channel and began to watch it. It was an older movie by the looks of it. At that moment, I hope it would be good. But I continued anyway. About half way through, I was crying "Mommy!"
Ronnie Scribner as Ralphie Glick in Salem's Lot
The movie was called Salem's Lot. I believe it's one of the scariest vampire movies ever made. Stephen King is a genius writing the book! I will never forget those eyes of Ralphie scratching the bedroom window out in the misty air! Just thinking about it is giving me goosebumps! Anyhow, I just emailed my friends telling them how I wish Hollywood would do a remake of the movie and one of my girlfriends said they already did which starred Rob Lowe. I think I did watch it but it wasn't as creepy and scary as the 1979 version.
Well, at that time of watching the movie, my sister and I were living together but she was out of town so that left me home alone on a Sunday afternoon. Watching this movie all by myself! I didn't expect the window scene to be THAT scary. It would be great if they do a better remake of the book. With better cameras and better CGIs, the movie should be even more scarier. I don't care about the gore, I care about how creepy it should be and the terror of the evil vampire, Barlow. Let me Google this and see if Hollywood would be remaking it. In the mean time, I'm going to send all my good friends a picture of Ralphie! We all love vampires, but do not want a visit from Ralphie or any of his kind. Damon and Stefan Salvatore, we definitely don't mind! But something to know, that window scene was ranked #4 on Empire Magazine's list of "Top 10 Scariest Movie Scenes" in 2003. I couldn't agree more!
Until then...
Be creepy

No comments:

Post a Comment